Sunday, December 18, 2011

Painter's Tape: Love at first use!



The first time I saw this blue tape being stretched across walls and along trim on HGTV I did not realize what a miracle it is. A simple blue tape can change your life forever!

I bought it for the first time when I decided to spray paint my dresser. The painting experience was horrifying to say the least. The dresser had the absolutely wrong kind of finish for spray painting, and then it got real windy and dust starting blowing all over (I was doing this in an empty parking lot). And to top it all, I ran out of paint three quarters of the way. I ended with an even more hideous looking dresser than I started with.
But,
but,
but,

As I began to peel off the painter's tape, revealing some order in the midst of an irreparable mess, I realized that the day had not gone waste. I had discovered THE PAINTER"S TAPE. Now this blue roll is always present in my DIY kit, not just for painting furniture, but load of other things:

1. Packing: I found this to be great for packing furniture while moving. I padded up edges of furniture with newspaper to prevent chipping, holding packaging in place with the painter's tape. You can rest assured that this tape wont leave behind that nasty glue behind on your furniture!

2. Painting: You can use this tape to paint almost anything- a lamp shade for a custom look, a scarf, cushion covers or your apron!

3. Its great for pest control too. Tape up the areas that you want to spray before spraying. It can serve as a reminder to kids (and to your self) where to stay away from. Peel off when you are done for chemical free floors etc.

4. Use it under double side tape to hang art work. This is great when you don't want to punch holes through your walls or don't want to mess with the walls of your rental!


No comments: